When you're running a café, consistency is key. If you’re a café owner, chances are you’re always looking for ways to improve efficiency and consistency in your business. One way to do this is to invest in an automatic coffee tamper, like one of the Puqpress range. Automatic coffee tampers are designed to make the tamping process quicker, easier and more consistent, which can save you time and money in the long run.
Small and mighty - the Puqpress Q1
There are several configurations for the Puqpress, which we'll outline below. They share many of the same features, though, including an adjustable tamp pressure, which allows you to tweak your settings for whichever coffee you're running through your machine, and a few different speeds of tamp. You can choose from a fast setting for ultra-busy places, a very fine-tuned tamp, or something in the middle.
The other main feature of the Puqpress is that it's suitable for a range of machines, with tamp diameters from 53mm to 58.3mm. The majority of manufacturers use 58mm, but others such as La Spaziale use 53mm. There are also 'competition grade' tamps which provide an even more snug fit, at 58.3mm. You can find a full list below:
The question is, which Puqpress is right for you?
Puqpress Q1:The original design, the Q1 is the ideal solution for up to 300 tamps per day. It's a standalone unit with a small footprint, so it'll be at home in even the smallest settings.
You can also choose from black or white, so that it fits your aesthetic. Buy it here.
Puqpress Q2:Similarly to the Q1, the Puqpress Q2 is a standalone unit, with a range of tamp diameters available. The difference is that the Q2 is a heavy-duty beast, capable of getting through a lot more coffee. It also has a 'hulk' setting, which (as you'd suspect), is a much more powerful tamping option! The Q2 comes with an unlimited warranty for 2 years, meaning there's no limit on the number of tamps you throw at it. Find out more here.
The compact Puqpress M1
Puqpress Under-Grinder Range:
If space is at a premium, then Puqpress have solutions for a whole range of grinders. The under-grinder range have many of the same features as the powerful Q2 model, including adjustable force tamps right up to a whopping 30kg of pressure. They're quick, too, with a 1.3 second cycle to allow you to get brewing at lightning speed. There are a few options to choose from, depending on your grinder:
- Puqpress M2 - for Vicoria Arduino Mythos 1 and Mythos II
- Puqpress M3 - for MAHLKÖNIG’s E65S & E65S GBW
- Puqpress M4 - for a seamless fit with Fiorenzato’s F64 & F83
- Puqpress M5 - for MAHLKÖNIG’s E80 SUPREME and E80 Gbw
- Puqpress M6 - for the latest Victoria Arduino Mythos MY 75 (G) / MY 85 (G).
Benefits of Automatic Coffee Tampers
There are three main benefits of using an automatic coffee tamper like the Puqpress:
· Improved Efficiency: Automatic coffee tampers help improve efficiency and workflow. Not only do they leave nothing to chance in terms of quality, they eliminate the need for messy tamp mats and ground coffee all over your counter!
· Increased Consistency: Manual tamping often is inconsistent, no matter how hard you try. Whether it's an inexperienced staff member or a super busy spell, the Puqpress is reliable no matter what. With Puqpress, you are guaranteed a consistent tamp, which will please both your customers and baristas alike. What's more, it's one less thing to worry about when it comes to training baristas: with a Puqpress, it's the same if you're a world champion or a brand new barista!
Reduce the risk of RSI with the Puqpress
· Reduced Repetitive Strain Injury: Manual tamping can put a lot of strain on your wrists and arms, which can lead to repetitive strain injuries over time. By switching to a Puqpress, you cut that risk right down - as well as better coffee, it's better for you. A win-win!
If you’re looking for ways to improve efficiency and consistency in your café, then investing in a Puqpress is a must. Explore the range here, and don't hesitate to drop us a message if you need help picking the right one for you.