A simple brew guide for the common Cafetiere, or French Press as they are also known.
What you need:
- A Cafetiere, a Kettle, Fresh Water, Freshly Roasted Coffee (Coarsely ground), Grinder (Optional), & Scales (Optional).
- First boil the kettle and then preheat the cafetiere by adding some hot water.
- If you have a grinder then great, grind the coffee quite coarsely, if not then of course it is ok to use pre-ground coffee
- Discard the hot water from the now warm Cafetiere
- Add 15g of coffee to every 250ml of water (1 heaped tablespoon per coffee cup) i.e. 15g for 250ml, 30g for 500ml etc
- Add approx 50ml of hot water to the Cafetiere to flood the grinds then mix.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then add the rest of the water.
- Replace the cafetiere lid and then wait a further 4 minutes.
- Gently plunge the lid.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Note: 15g per 250ml is our recommendation, though if you prefer a stronger cup then you can add more, and conversely add less for a much milder one.